Monday, August 9, 2010

My new favorite pillow

I have a favorite blog that I love - mainly because she teaches me how to do things I would never attempt without such great tutorials! It's called Make It and Love It - you should definitely go check it out. She has so many amazing projects, and she gives great step by step instructions for wanna-be's like me! 
This was one of my first projects using her tutorial. You can go see her pillow and the tutorial here. It was very intimidating to me, as I'd never before gathered anything, except for my kids toys all over the house. I didn't understand it at first, and used a bright white thread for my basting stitch...I thought that you somehow took it out after stitching over the top to secure it. Um...no. So after the top two rows, I unpicked the rest and restitched using a matching thread. Much better, and easier.

For the back, I used her pillow slipcover tutorial. Super easy, and much better than any other method I've used before. Overall, I am super happy with this pillow, and will be trying it again in a few days for my living room pillows!

1 comment:

shabby chic furniture said...

Lovely, your pillow is really looks so pretty and i really like the blue one , big size and looks comfortable.