Friday, September 24, 2010

Randomness

Hi!! Is anyone still there? I haven't given up blogging, or crafting - things have just been CRAZY!! So, sorry about the silence, but I'm back!

In the last 2 weeks, I've hosted 2 seperate craft parties - sort of a make and take type thing, participated in my very first craft fair (which resulted in hours upon hours upon HOURS of crafting to prepare!), and been to Michael's, Hobby Lobby and Jo-Ann's no less than three times each store! It's been a hectic 2 weeks, but I think we're going to be slowing down a bit now. Here are a few fun things that happened:


Remember these blocks? Cute, right, but my brilliant mother came up with a great idea: make them double sided!


So, I turned them over and made them fall-ish/Thanksgiving-ish so they get more use, and I have less to store! Yea! Once I did this, these babies started selling like hotcakes, and while that is so great (!) it also produced double the workload for me. It's all good, and I'm so pleased with how they turned out, so thanks a million, Mom!
(Oh, and for those of you smarty-pants out there ;) that are scratching your head saying, "But there is one less letter in Halloween..." I actually made a spooky chandelier for the extra halloween block - but forgot to take a picture...But we did work that out, too!)


Here is just a sample of what I had prepared for the craft fair...SO much work, but very fun to make. Unfortunately, the craft fair wasn't advertised too well, and because it was only the 2nd one they'd done, there wasn't a lot of traffic. The good news is that what I didn't sell there has already been sold (mostly) to others, so I won't have 6 Halloween countdowns around my house! =D It was a great learning experience, though, and I'm so glad my friend Melanie invited me!


It seems like EVERYONE out in blogland has been inspired by House of Smith's pantry make-over. I know I have been. We live in a townhome, so our pantry leaves a lot to be desired, but it definitely needed a little attention. I can't find my before picture, but one night, I think it was like 11 o'clock or something, I got the bug. I started pulling everything out and drew up some labels on my Silhouette, and went to town! This is just step one, as I sort of had to hit the sack, and then had TONS to do since then, but I'm very pleased. I especially LOVE LOVE LOVE the labels. I don't know what it is about labeling things that makes me happy; it just does! My hubby was just shaking his head at them - he can't figure out why I need to label RICE when he can see that that's what is in there! I didn't bother to explain - it's a girl thing! =D

Stay tuned for the finished product!

A few of the projects that are either in the works, or mulling around in my head:
1) Finish the curtains for my family room
2) Make black throw pillow
3) Finish baby quilt for new niece (!)
4) Make-over the dresser on the back porch (MUST GET DONE ASAP!)
5) Find a use for all the baby forumla cans that are starting to pile up around the house!

Also, I'm going to post the fall decorations I've put up this week - LOVE THEM!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Suzanne@thriftstoredecorjunky said...

I just love your blocks!
I have given you an award.Go see it here: http://thriftstoredecorjunky.blogspot.com/2010/09/i-won-award.html

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

Just wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog! I love your blocks, and hope you'll share your version of the candy corn soon!

junebee said...

Way cute. And yes! finish baby quilt for new niece! :) Your pantry looks great.