Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Secretary

As I was looking through some of my older posts, I realized that I never blogged about my secretary desk that I refinished! It's one of my favorite projects, ever, so I'm a little confused about how I never showed it...but I'm going to now! :) 

I found this beauty at the DI (our local thrift store) for $15, and was in love instantly! I've always wanted one, but don't have anywhere to put on, so I bought to sell. 

It was in really good shape, but pretty outdated...so I gave it a beautiful coat of white paint, then distressed it. 
I also used scrapbook paper to embellish the inside cubbies, and a brown damask fabric for lining inside the drawer. I found a fun little scroll at Home Depot and added that to the front, and painted the drawer pulls black. Here she is! 




We actually ended up keeping it for a while, but all it did was collect clutter and dust. As much as I loved it, I sold it just a few months ago. One day when I have a house, I will do one just for me! :) 

2 comments:

Chrissie said...

What a sweet piece. I think it's just as much fun to sell as to keep!

Liz said...

I love this! O.k. so just for future reference (maybe you already do this), when you decide to sell, you need to put it up on your blog first, and give us faithful fans a chance to purchase it first. (Even though we know you probably only paid $15 bucks. ;), I'd pay you for your hard work). Just a thought.