Saturday, January 1, 2011

What I've been up to

Even though I haven't blogged much lately, I have been busy! Here are just a few things I did during the silence...

My friend and I host craft parties with friends every 6 weeks or so, and the chargers and the Christmas trees were just a few of the things we offered. It's a fun way to get the girls together, but my house is full of laughing, crafting women for about 4 hours each time! The party is a blast, the clean up...not so much! :D The black board and pillow were a Christmas present for my sister-in-law (which she loved, thank heaven!) I actually have a few orders for the board now, which is exciting.  I have to admit to using my Silhouette almost daily throughout all of November and December! I love that machine! 

Sometime in November, I found this beauty at the DI (our local thrift store) for a whoppin' $15!
 I was giddy!  I bought it with the intention of selling it, since we have nowhere to put it right now, and nowhere to store it. I considered painting it all black, but decided to give it a fresh coat of white, and just paint the seat and top black. I also painted the hooks black, which really made it pretty. 

I took it apart in the kitchen, and went to town. It took about 6 hours to finish it, but that was with multiple interruptions. 

I love it turned out! I know it's a bad picture, but it was beautiful! Brand new these retail for over $250! We ended up selling it within a few days for a great price - the only really super sad thing was when the lady got it all loaded into her car, she asked me if I knew how hard it would be to paint the whole thing black!!! I was so frustrated after that for days!! All that time, and she was just going to cover the whole dang thing! :D 

This is a sign I made for over the front door. Again using my Silhouette. 

I also embellished a few burp cloths for a friend. I know that I did a lot more, but I didn't take pictures of all of it. For Christmas, my dear, sweet (enabling!) husband bought me a miter saw...and the craft ideas are flowing! I'm in the middle of a project now, and I'll give you a hint...it uses the left over paint from the dresser redo! :) Which kind of takes me back to the question at the end of the last post. Check it out, let me know. Stay tuned for pictures! :) 

4 comments:

Erin @ Crafts and Sutch said...

Jenn, I love the entry bench! I was just looking through Knock Off Wood for something just like that! :)

You've been a busy lady! Happy New Year!

Erin @ Crafts and Sutch said...

Hey, Girlie! I just sent you an email, but realized your email is: noreply. :(

Check out this posting over at The Scrap Shoppe so people can easily respond to your comments. :)

http://mmscrapshoppe.blogspot.com/2010/09/noreply-commentbloggercom.html

Here was my email: :)

Aw, thank you! I hope I make it, and then I hope I don't. :) LOL! I just think it will be a lot of pressure! :)

Of course! I love stopping by whenever you post! :)

I hope you had a very happy new year! :)

Liz said...

Wow, you amaze me! I love the entryway bench, I can't believe that lady wanted to paint over it! I would have left it just like that! Someday (when I have more room) I want one of those.

Carrie said...

Wow! You've been super busy since I last checked on you! I love your dresser you redid. And the DI halltree is amazing!! THAT is exactly why I love DI. YOur paint job is awesome and I bet the lady who bought it decides she likes it afterall. Happy New Year!