Monday, March 21, 2011

Now that's what I call Customer Service!

I've already talked everyone's ear off about how much I love my Silhouette, and I know I've convinced at least 3 people to buy one (instead of another cutter). This thing is amazing, and I've loved everything that I've been able to make with it. A few weeks ago I experimented with some of the t-shirt transfer vinyl - and was so pleased with the results! 
 
(Isn't he a handsome model?) :D 
Well, a while ago, my machine started acting up. It would be cutting something, and then suddenly stop, or skip that part, and move one, or stop altogether. It was very frustrating, and I wasted a lot of vinyl. I called their customer service and spoke to a very nice man. He told me that since it was under 1 year old, and it appeared to be a factory defect, that they would replace it. All I had to do was pay to send it to their office in California. A BRAND NEW MACHINE?! Why, yes, thank you! :D He told me that as soon as they got my machine, they'd send the replacement one out, and that it could take up to 2 weeks. 

After waiting and stalling as long as I could (because, honestly, I use my Silhouette at least twice a week!), I finally broke down and shipped it last Monday. I sent it via UPS, who told me that it would be delivered in CA on Thursday.  I seriously went to use my machine 3 or 4 times last week, only to remember that it was gone. :( Well, imagine my total shock and excitement when I got a knock on my door on Saturday and found FedEx holding my BRAND NEW SILHOUETTE machine! :D Yipee!!  I was only without it for 6 whole days! I was so happy, dancing around, my husband thought I'd lost it! I didn't get a chance to open it up until late last night, and when I did, KACHOW! One more bonus - a $10 gift card to the store!! More happy dancing going on! My hubby was really sure I had lost it by this time, so I called my mom to share in my joy! ;D She, too, was pretty impressed by their customer service and speed. Fabulous people, they are! 

So, if you are still trying to decide if the Silhouette is for you, let me tell you - you cannot go wrong with them! The machine is fabulous, their customer service is stellar, and you'll have so much fun making all sorts of crafty things! Go check it out - you'll be as happy as I am, I'm sure! 

4 comments:

Tamy said...

Hey I didn't know you could do shirts.....I may have to hit you up for some here soon:)

Jocelyn said...

That's all I've ever heard, is that Silhouette has about the best customer service ever. I haven't had any problems with mine yet, but hopefully they'll be just as willing to help whenever I do!

Playing It Cooley

Kirsten said...

Hi cute Jenn! That is awesome! I got a cricuit and am wishing I would've gotten the Silhouette!
I just started my blog this week, come by and let me know what you think. It's http://mushkiloves.blogspot.com

Carrie said...

I'll be passing this on to my husband. He's not convinced yet, unfortunately. But dang it, I feel like I'm missing out on something everytime I hear about it. Glad you got your new one quickly!