Thursday, June 30, 2011

My little princess

Now, I didn't make this, but my mom did, and I have to show it off.

For our daughter's birthday coming up in August, we got her tickets to something called the Princess Festival. It's held at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, Utah, and is so cute! If you want more information about it, go HERE.



Anyway, all the little girls come dressed up, and get to meet all these beautiful princesses, and hear stories, and fun games and such. We've been so dissapointed in the store bought Princess dresses that I asked my mom (who is an amazing seamstress) to make one for the occasion. We were going to do Rapunzel, but could NOT find the fabric for a decent price. So we switched to a Sleeping Beauty dress, which is her favorite anyway. I am thrilled with how it turned out! Our little girl LOVES it and plays in it all the time. Because my mom made it to play in, I don't worry about it ripping or snagging. And it only cost about $25 to make!



It was such a fun day, and I'm so glad we went. Kaylie had a great time, too, and was so in awe of all the Princesses that we literally had to coax her to tell them her name! This is my chatterbox child! :D (Well, one of them!) ;)

Thanks again, Mom!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: