Monday, October 24, 2011

Beautiful hutch

Okay, so until I finished the armoire, this was my favorite project ever. :D We live in a townhome, and there is not enough storage. I'd been scouring the want ads for a solid wood hutch for my kitchen, and finally found one for $50! Here it is in all it's golden oak glory:

Lovelly, huh? Really, it's not bad. But wait! It gets better!
I took off all the hardwear, as well as the glass inserts, and spray painted them with Oil-rubbed bronze paint. Already an improvement!


Then I sanded and stained the top of the bottom half with Minwax Jacobean. It turned out better than I'd imagined! After that, everything else got a coat of white paint.

Once it was put together, I thought that something was still missing.
So, I used my beadboard wallpaper to add some character. I put it on the inside of the hutch, as well as on the front of the doors. PERFECT! I'm so happy with this piece, and even more happy that I get to keep it!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Burton Family said...

Wow! It turned out beautifully.

Deidre~ said...

You did a lovely job!