Monday, October 24, 2011

Major catch-up on it's way!

Wow. It's been a long time since I blogged. I cannot believe how many projects I'm going to be posting tonight! The last several months have been so crazy and hectic, but I've made most of it happen, so I can't complain too loudly! I love having projects! However, family has demanded a lot of time, as well, which is why I haven't blogged. So, here is a bunch of catch-up posts!


I found this bench at the D.I. looking so pitiful and worn down. I brought it home, sanded it down and gave it a few coats of Minwax Jacobean stain. I bleached the heck out of the sun damaged cushions, found a few cute throw pillows on clearance, and VOILA! Isn't she lovely? (I know you just heard Lionel Richie! Hahahaha!) I posted this on Facebook and it was sold in 10 minutes! I wish I could find a few more! :D

One big event recently was my sister-in-law got married! YEA!! She had registered at Target, and one item was this awesome flower pillow. Well, it was totally sold out. So, I figured, "Hey, why not try to make it?" I scoured the internet and found THIS amazing tutorial. (You've got to read her story - it's VERY interesting!) Anywho, it took a lot longer than I though to cut out all those petals, but in the end, I was pretty darn happy! And, I have to admit, my SIL was too!



 I already have big plans for other colors for myself and other gifts! :)

I know this isn't a project, but I have to post this. It makes me happy. I get so tired of yelling to my family to eat. I had this vision of a dinner bell. I went to Hobby Lobby one day and found this gem! I love the way it looks, and my kids think it's a blast! And yes, they actually come running when they hear it!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: